Bespoke Courses for Clients - 2 Day Crane Supervisor (Bespoke) Non CPCS
Available on clients own site
Pre Course Requirement
Customer to provide suitable classroom facilites.
This is a bespoke course is aimed at companies who require individuals to supervise safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
Title: Crane Supervisor
Duration:Two(2) consecutive days
COURSE AIM AND CONTENTS
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of the Crane Supervisor. Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able to understand and follow safe systems of work for lifting operations including risk assessments and method statements.
Topics assessed include:
- LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice
- parts 1 & 3
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with the lifting operations
- Crane Appreciation
- crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Site access and egress
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Load Limits (SWL)
- Lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Supervising lifting operations
Successful candidates will be awarded an Ainscough certificate of training along with a photo ID card endorsed Crane Supervisor and will be valid for 5 years. Please note that on major construction sites this may not satisfy the training requirements where a CPCS card is required. If you are unsure please call the number shown below for further advice.
This card has a 5 year recommended expiry